HTML5 MODS setup tutorial
This short tutorial shows how to setup the new HTML5-based version of MODS
- subgraph copy paste
- nested module graphs
- collapse nodes
- refactor for skinning
- three-axis rough and finish cuts
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- HPGL input
- SVG export
- DXF export
To install and run mods locally
You need to first install node.js.
Install the http-server npm package. Including '-g' sets the installs the package gloabally, allowing you to use it as a command line tool:
npm install http-server -g
Clone the mods repository:
git clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org:846/pub/mods.git
Use the command line to navigate to the root of the mods repository:
Start up a server:
Open a browser tab and go to
127.0.0.1:8080 which is the same as
http://localhost:8080 to view the server that you just started.
Depending on how to need to use mods you can start local servers located in
mods/js, for example, if you start from the root of the mods repository:
Mods Connection Debugging
set correct serial port permission (do this each time you reboot the machine):
chmod a+rwx /dev/ttyUSB0
start serialserver in the terminal so you can see the logs as it tries to connect. navigate to the mods/js folder in the terminal (probably use
cd ~/mods/js) and type:
node serialserver.js ::ffff:127.0.0.1 1234
check serialserver is running with:
ps aux | grep node
- Help! My SRM-20 will only run a single job and then go dead! Chances are you are using printserver.js instead of deviceserver.js to connect to the machine. For now, we need to treat the SRM-20 as a device instead of a printer.
- Argg... why do I need to reset permissions on /dev/usb/lp0 every restart? You can use
sudo add_user username lpand
sudo add_user username lpadminto make persistent permissions.
- Why is my web socket connection refused when the addresses are the same? This can happen due to a difference between IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. In your start mods server script, try changing 127.0.0.1 to ::ffff:127.0.0.1 and see if it helps.
- MODS CBA GITLAB - ORIGINAL REPOSITORY - Last updated 2019-02-12